CONVENIA is a professionally administered injectable cephalosporin antibiotic that provides up to 14 days of treatment* of many common skin infections in dogs and cats.
- Dogs: Secondary superficial pyoderma, abscesses, and wounds
- Cats: Abscesses and wounds
- CONVENIA is the first antibiotic that provides an assured course of treatment by providing up to 14 days of treatment in a single injection. CONVENIA eliminates missed doses associated with daily oral antibiotics.
- CONVENIA delivers the safety you expect from a cephalosporin.
- More than 4 million doses of CONVENIA have been administered worldwide since 2006.
- CONVENIA is an aqueous, non-depot injection that is rapidly and completely absorbed into the bloodstream.
- CONVENIA reaches peak plasma levels quickly.
- Dogs average 6.2 hours
- Cats average 2.0 hours
- The product has a distinctively long half life: dogs average 5.5 days; cats average 6.9 days.
- CONVENIA does not undergo hepatic metabolism and the majority of a dose is excreted unchanged in urine.
- Efficacy is proven to be statistically equal to a veterinary labeled, multi day course of oral cephalosporin in treating dogs and cats